On the theory that we should strike while the iron is hot, here's another video challenge for everyone: Your Scariest ECM Moment [imagine blood-red script now :)].
The ground rules are simple:
Explain/talk about/terrify us with your Scariest ECM Moment. We mean one of those moments that felt as if your stomache dropped to the floor and your heart started beating fast from the extra adrenaline.
2. Keep it clean.
3. 3 minutes.
3. The sound quality is the most important element.
video could be as straightforward as a webcam clip of you, describing in excruciating detail, how a client/boss/co-worker totally messed up your world by screwing up your enterprise content management project. You could reenact the scene with sock puppets (or your daughter's Barbies/son's GI Joes -- extra points for Star Wars figures, kidding, kidding). You could do a script reading around a table with friends playing the parts of those who terrified you. Be as
creative as you want -- judging by the results of the ECM in 60 Seconds videos, that won't be a problem for all of you ;)
5. Commercials touting the wonders of your product/company/approach will not be considered.
Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Scary video” in the subject line.
9. Due to the whims of various mail servers, send a second email alerting me to the fact that you have sent in your video. Just in case.
Use any of the major video formats.
10. Videos will be posted to our Infonomics Weekly channel on YouTube (watch the "ECM in 60 Seconds or Less" videos here.)
11. Due date: Close of business, Friday, October 23.
The crackerjack staff of Infonomics Weekly, along with AIIM president John Mancini and Infonomics editor-in-chief Ben Herring, will select five videos for all of you to vote on.
Winner gets a big prize (well something, maybe an AIIM hoodie) and bragging rights.
I look forward to seeing what ya'll come up with -- again.