As I've mentioned at times, sometimes the press releases I receive are a little . . . off my coverage area. The following list is pulled from a survey of Atlas truck drivers. If you're looking for driving tips, or are in the market for a rig, see below for their suggestions.
Due to multiple drives to Louisiana since 1994, I can attest to the scenic beauty of I-70 in Virginia. I can also assert that if you get stuck behind an Atlas truck driver insistent upon driving in the left lane, you'll also have more than enough time to soak up the scenery.
Other fast facts:
- Most scenic highway: I-70
- Most boring highway: I-10
- State with the best rest stops: Florida
- Favorite hotel chain: Super 8
- Best coffee: Dunkin' Donuts
- Favorite fast-food restaurant: Subway
- Most effective antacid: Tums
Tools of the trade
- Best tractor: Kenworth
- Favorite motor oil: Shell Rotella
- Best tires: Bridgestone
- Favorite truck stop chain: Petro