Enterprise Content Management in 1 Minute or Less
Those random, wacky Youtube videos come from somewhere. Here’s your chance to be an Internet sensation.
We’re all familiar with the
term elevator pitch – if you’re on an elevator with someone, how do you explain
in 30 seconds what you do. We’re taking that idea for our first video contest.
Enterprise content management is hard, so we’re going to give you 1 minute.
However, the idea is the same: in 1 minute or less, how do you explain/describe
enterprise content management? Not only describe enterprise content management,
but in layman’s terms—can you explain enterprise content management to a family
member before their eyes glaze over? If so, you could be our winner.
Here’s your chance to show your stuff to the world (or at least our portion of it). Videotape yourself giving your own elevator speech explaining what you do. Extra points given for brevity without loss of coherence.
The ground rules are simple:
1. Explain Enterprise Content Management in 1 minute (60 seconds, not one more).
2. Keep it clean.
3. The sound quality is the most important element.
4. The video could be as straightforward as a webcam clip of you giving the best, pithiest description of enterprise content management ever. It could be sock puppets. It could be you, dressed as Super ECM Dude (or Dudette). Be as creative as you want, but remember that the most important thing (and what you’ll be judged on) is your explanation of enterprise content management.
5. Commercials touting the wonders of your product/company/approach will not be considered.
6. 1 minute.
7. 60 seconds.
8. Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘ECM video” in the subject line.
9. Due to the whims of various mail servers, send a second email alerting me to the fact that you have sent in your video. Just in case.
10. Videos will be posted to a dedicated Infonomics Weekly channel on Youtube (link will be given out next week to watch the submissions).
11. Due date: Close of business, Wednesday of September 16.
The crackerjack staff of Infonomics Weekly, along with AIIM president John Mancini and Infonomics editor-in-chief Ben Herring, will select five videos for all of you to vote on.
Winner gets a big prize (well something, maybe an AIIM hoodie) and bragging rights.
I look forward to seeing what ya'll come up with.